Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Evening Silliness

It seems like I update this constantly; that'll probably drop off once we start classes, which is apparently next week, and not on the 18th like we thought. Still, I figure it's better to update more frequently, while everything's still fresh in my mind.

After my last post I did take a nap for a bit, partially because I was sleepy and partially because I didn't have much else to do. Later, Mamie came up and sat with Valeria and I, and we could still hear Mathias playing. Amanda, another Concordia student, was here for the summer, and she sent him a pair of little robot toys, which he came and showed us. He played in here for a while, which was adorable! We (or at least us girls) have all fallen in love with him.

When Xavier called us down for dinner, we had to wake up Joel (who had slept all day and hadn't even woken up for breakfast!) and Grant (who had been napping). Dinner was fun. Apparently January 6th is the FĂȘte des Rois (Feast of Kings), which is a Catholic holiday that we don't celebrate in the U.S. After a delicious dinner of pasta and chicken with mushrooms in sauce, we had pieces of galette, which is a kind of pastry-cake. Inside each galette is a little figurine, and whoever gets the figurine in their piece is named the King or Queen for the day! We had two galettes, so Mathias and LucĂ© ended up both being the King and Queen.

After dinner we cleaned up, as usual, although it's more and more difficult to move around the more people show up. Then we went upstairs and now everyone is piled in our room to hang out. I think I might have to kick them out soon so I can go to bed early, that way I'll hopefully not be tired tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment